In any relationship, disputes are inevitable. Although it may be possible, depending on your unique set of circumstances, to avoid going to court, it is always a good idea to be prepared. The most effective litigation stems from obtaining lawyers who are not only skilled in oral advocacy and negotiation, but who are committed to understanding your case.
The litigation team at Agnihotri | Anwar LLP is committed to offering representation in its most powerful form. We understand that litigation can be emotionally draining, time consuming and costly, taking months or even years to resolve. We are upfront with our clients, offering personalized attention, transparency and realistic expectations throughout the entire litigation process.
We are happy to provide consultations for many types of potential litigation matters at your convenience. We have a number of fee structures, depending on the circumstances of your case and are happy to discuss those with you should you have any questions.
We offer full litigation services in the following areas:
- Contract Disputes (Judgment & Debt Recovery / Enforcement/Defending Breach)
- Commercial Lease Disputes
- Consumer & Franchise Law
- Breach of Fiduciary Duty
- Real Estate Litigation/ Real Estate Transaction Disputes
- Mortgage Disputes
- Tenant/ Landlord
- Reasonable Notice & Severance Package
- Wrongful Dismissal and Termination
- Constructive Dismissal
- Termination of Employment for Cause
- Mitigation & The Duty to find Alternative Employment
- Human Rights, Disability & Accommodation
- Employment Benefits, including Maternity/Parental Leave
- Employment Status: Employee vs. Independent Contractor
- Harassment, Bullying & Violence in the Workplace
- Whistleblower Protection
- Non-Compete & Non-Solicitation/ Restrictive Covenants
- Medical Malpractice
- Assault & Battery
- Product Liability
- Wrongful Death
- Defamation & Libel
- Animal Attacks
- Human Rights, Discrimination & Harassment
We have experts in each of the monetary jurisdictions to ensure that you have the most qualified and cost effective representation:
- Small Claims Court jurisdiction applies to claims up to $25,000
- Simplified Procedure Rules apply to claims up to $100,000
- Ordinary Procedure Rules apply to claims over $100,000.00.
Please keep in mind: in Ontario, the Limitations Act 2002 imposes a general two-year limitation period from the “discovery” of a claim, after which no litigation may be commenced.
For further information or assistance in regards to civil litigation, please contact one of our litigation lawyers.