In any relationship, disputes are inevitable. Although it may be possible, depending on your unique set of circumstances, to avoid going to court, it is always a good idea to be prepared. The most effective litigation stems from obtaining lawyers who are not only skilled in oral advocacy and negotiation, but who are committed to understanding your case.
The litigation team at Agnihotri | Anwar LLP is committed to offering representation in its most powerful form. We understand that litigation can be emotionally draining, time consuming and costly, taking months or even years to resolve. We are upfront with our clients, offering personalized attention, transparency and realistic expectations throughout the entire litigation process.
We are happy to provide consultations for many types of potential litigation matters at your convenience. We have a number of fee structures, depending on the circumstances of your case and are happy to discuss those with you should you have any questions.
We offer full litigation services in the following areas:
- Contract Disputes/ Breach of Contract
- Mortgage Enforcment/ Loan Enforcement
- Debt Collection
- Real Estate Disputes
- Real Estate & Title Insurance Litigation
- Landlord & Tenant Leasing Issues
- Commercial Tenancy Disputes
- Fire and Property Insurance Litigation
- Construction Liigation/ Construction Liens
- Contract Franchise Litigation
- Shareholder and Partnership Litigation
- Directors' and Officers' Liability
- Oppression Remedy/Shareholder Disputes
- Insolvency and Creditors Rights Litigation
- Defamation, Libel, Slander Litigation
- Breach of Fiduciary Duty/ Abuse of Trust and Non-Compete Disputes
- Civil Fraud
- Administrative Law
- Wrongful Dismissal / Constructive Dismissal
- Reasonable Notice & Severance Package
- Employment Benefits, including Maternity/Parental Leave
- Employment Status: Employee vs. Independent Contractor
- Non-Compete & Non-Solicitation/ Restrictive Covenants
We have experts in each of the monetary jurisdictions to ensure that you have the most qualified and cost effective representation:
- Small Claims Court jurisdiction applies to claims up to $35,000
- Simplified Procedure Rules apply to claims up to $100,000
- Ordinary Procedure Rules apply to claims over $100,000.00.
Please keep in mind: in Ontario, the Limitations Act 2002 imposes a general two-year limitation period from the “discovery” of a claim, after which no litigation may be commenced.
For further information or assistance in regards to civil litigation, please contact one of our litigation lawyers.