At Agnihotri | Anwar LLP, we specialize in real estate law, acting for a broadly based clientele, including banks, life insurance companies and other institutional lenders in the secured lending and real estate industries. Our lawyers have substantial expertise in preparing and negotiating Agreements of Purchase & Sale, acting for vendors and purchasers and facilitating both standard residential and commercial real estate transactions. In addition, our lawyers frequently conduct lectures on real estate and real estate fraud to lending institutions and realtors alike.
Whether you are buying, selling or refinancing, one of the most important people you will work with is your real estate lawyer. Your lawyer’s overall responsibility is to make sure your paperwork is filed, your rights are protected and your transaction goes through successfully.
Agnihotri | Anwar LLP provides experienced, professional and accessible legal services at the lowest possible price. We understand that the complexities involved with real estate transactions and the various issues that may arise. Often, there is a sea of paperwork involved; there are various parties and various steps involved; you will be dealing with real estate agents, bankers, insurance agents. As such, you will be getting a lot of advice from a lot of different perspectives. Understanding and organizing the paperwork and the advice can be a difficult task.
It is important to understand that your lawyer’s job is to protect and safeguard your interest. Lawyers have no other vested interest. For this reason, it is paramount to try to get a lawyer involved as soon as reasonably possible in the real estate transaction. Speaking to a lawyer earlier on will help you cut through some of the issues around buying/selling real estate. Having the right real estate lawyer, who understands how to address any pre-closing concerns, and can do so simply and cost effectively, is crucial.
At Agnihotri | Anwar LLP, real estate law is one of our core specialties. We take great pride in our detailed and personalized approach, and in ensuring our clients are kept in the loop from beginning to end. We routinely go the extra mile to ensure your real estate transaction closes to your satisfaction. We offer mobile signing in all of the G.T.A., including after hours and on weekends.
A successful closing is just as important to us as it is to our clients; and we take great pride in knowing our clients feel that difference.
What Should You Look For in a Real Estate Lawyer?
- Familiarity with the area
- Experience with the type of property that you are dealing with
- Competitive fees and
- Specialty in real estate law
At Agnihotri | Anwar LLP, we specialize in real estate law, and as such, our clients can be rest assured we provide top quality services in the area. We understand that each individual’s circumstances are different, and each real estate transaction is different. For this reason we provide you with a free quote on what you can expect closing costs to be in your particular situation, so that you know exactly what you are dealing with before you make any commitments.
With respect to our fee structure, we do not require an upfront retainer. Our fees are paid once your transaction has been completed. In some circumstances, we offer a flat rate, which includes all consultations, legal fees and legal disbursements. Lastly, we offer flexible hours and are happy to book appointments at your convenience; evening and weekend appointments included.
WE PROVIDE A WIDE ARRAY OF REAL ESTATE LAW SERVICES, INCLUDING:
- Drafting and/or reviewing the Purchase and Sale Agreement
- Reviewing Condominium Status Certificate Documentation
- Arranging Title Insurance
- Title Transfers
- Builder and Resale Purchase Transactions
- Sale transactions
- Refinancing your mortgage and/or line of credit
- Getting a line of credit
- Single, multi-unit dwellings, cottages, condominiums
- Title and off-title searches
- Mortgage documentation
- Mortgage refinancing (debt consolidation
- What Does a Real Estate Lawyer Do?
- Types of Ownership
- Title Insurance
- The Agreement of Purchase and Sale
- Tarion New Home Warranty
- Steps For Seller When Selling Real Estate
- Steps For Purchaser When Buying A Home
- How much will my Real Estate Lawyer Cost?
- Glossary of Terms
- Closing Costs on Homes Purchased in Ontario
- Clarity over Title Insurance Coverage: Will your Title Insurance Cover Work Orders for Defects Not Registered Against Title?
- Private Mortgages: Are They For Me?
- Seller Property Information Sheet: To Sign Or Not To Sign?
- Condominium Corporations, Lawyers & Status Certificates: A Cautionary Tale